Job Title: Male Support Worker – Bournemouth
Salary £23,019.36 per year based on 42 hours, we pay £78.48 per sleep in
Part – time positions also available
As a Support Worker, you’ll play a vital role in providing our customers with quality support. You will be working with people who have a diverse range of needs, including learning disabilities and autism. We believe everybody has the right to community participation and access to high standards of living. We continuously strive to make this possible by ensuring we recruit engaging, dedicated and motivated support staffs that are as passionate about health and social care as we are. UKSLS are pioneers in the use of digital technology that ensure all are staff become highly qualified practitioners.
· Provide support for all aspects of a daily living
· Providing emotional support for an individual
· Ensure that people have access to primary healthcare
· Encouraging and supporting the development of personal skills through activities, education and work.
· Supporting individuals to be an active part of their local community
· Working with other healthcare professionals to ensure that all support needs meet the highest possible standards.
· Live our values: Be tolerant, make every day amazing, have fun, have courage, always provide quality support and do all you can to help people achieve their dreams
· No qualifications are required
· NVQs or similar qualifications in the health and social care sector would be an advantage but not needed
· The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively when talking to people
· Good listening skills.
· Great problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt and act accordingly to situations.
· The ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
· A high level of patience and emotional resilience.
· Being empathetic towards everyone.
· The ability to make good, positive relationships with people and their families
Your new employer:
At UKSLS our number one objective and shared ambition commences with the recruitment of quality staff, focuses on training and delivery and ensures our monitoring and reporting processes are honest, open and transparent for all our customers, families and commissioners.
As a Support Worker you will benefit from:
· A staff pension scheme
· Blue light discount card
· Staff reward scheme
· Bespoke training packages throughout your employment with us
· Competitive salary
· DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
· Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
· All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and 5 years complete reference checks.
· Staff Referral Scheme – earn £250 in vouchers of your choice for referring a friend into a support worker position
· We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
All UKSLS positions would be beneficial to student nurses, psychologist and criminologists.
We are committed to recruiting a Support Worker ASAP, therefore please apply through indeed or call Andrea on 01202 38005 to discuss the role further.
The provision of personal information by applicants for any particular role with us is on the basis solely of consideration for employment posts and this data is not used, shared or stored in any other way and on any other basis. By applying for a position with us you are authorising us to retain data only for this purpose and only for the consideration of you for this or any other future roles with us.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,019.36 per year
PPE is worn at all times and an active approach to Covid 19 cleaning and hygiene